Holiday traditions are a good thing, said all my friends.
E-mail: icarus.ancalion at gmail
Things I'd like: Dear Santa,
I have been moderately good. At least I don't deserve coal. This year.
I've sent John to law school, had him squeeze Wraith guts till he had dishpan hands, and threatened to make Asgard!Loki JAG!John's first intergalactic case. I've added Ralph-the-Wrench to John's repetoire of ways-to-annoy Rodney, started the Jaffa Geneva, promoted Rodney over John and demoted John to lightswitch guy. Okay, I'll be more specific.*
- Humor, humor, humor.
- John and horses - or horse-like creatures. Which aren't horses. That maybe fly.
- Yes, flying is always good. Military fetishes are good. Societies with tame dragon-sized dragon flies are also good (though maybe not in Rodney's opinion).
- Annoying Christmas carols played past the point of human tolerance are wonderful. Strange alien customs are ex-cel-lent.
- Warm, snuggly mornings, with an edge of realism (morning breath?) are good (or maybe waking up in unexpected places?).
- Or, if you're not in the mood, tough stories that defy the Christmas spirit are good (like that prostitution fic written on Christmas eve) so long as all's well that ends well.
- Moving on from Atlantis towards an unexpected future would be cool (are there really on two options: retirement or returning to the Pegasus galaxy?).
- So would an SGA/SG-1 crossover.
- Or an SGA/SG-1 crossover where John and Rodney were always at Cheyenne mountain. Or stories in the early years with Elizabeth as head of Atlantis. Or, you know, a mission.
- Plot, plot, plot.
Things I wouldn't like: Don't kill anybody, eh? I mean, other than the scary monsters. Wouldn't enjoy anything other than John/Rodney. I burned out on NC-17 stories a while back, so I wouldn't dig a PWP. And I'm no fan of Keller. She's not terrible, I just, snore... let's call her Sneller.
What I can do: I am a slasher who occasionally finds my slash turns out Gen. It's not my fault, it just happens. I write John, John/Rodney, have written John/Lorne, though I'm really only in the mood for my favorite pairing, you know how it is. I do a good job with the Other characters (Woolsey, Caldwell, etc.) and am as much an SG-1 writer as SGA, so anything in the SG-1 universe is no problem.
What I can't do: Het. And I won't do another deathfic. These days I'm just not into NC-17 (I think I wrote too many)(is that possible?). Never watched Stargate Universe.
Pinch hitter?: Er. Maybe? We'll have to see.
* It's good to have options, yeah?